YOUR PERSONAL DATA – WHAT IS IT
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
WHO ARE WE?
MSI-IT Limited (and any of its subsidiaries) is an IT Services Provider (contact details below) that includes data processing on behalf of clients. A “data processor”, in relation to personal data, means any person (other than an employee of the data controller) who processes the data on behalf of the data controller (our Clients). The “processing”, in relation to information or data means. obtaining, recording or holding personal data.
HOW DO WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
MSI-IT Limited complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
During the provision of IT services MSI-IT Limited may have access to personal data during the following work related operations:-
• When a member of the public requests to repair to a computer device
• When a business owner requests to repair to a computer device on site or in our offices
• Access to third party computer devices remotely
• Data recovery from a computer device owned by a third party
• Data processed via our Spin system
• To manage our employees
• To maintain our own accounts and records
• Email, post, fax and mail correspondence with us
• Contact via telephone
• Our social media channels
• In-person contacts with MSI-IT Limited employees, members, affiliates
• Information we receive from external 3rd parties
TYPES OF PERSONAL WE COLLECT
In providing IT services we generally collect the following personal data:
• Telephone number
• Email address
• Devise or account password (via email or text messaging – not written on Computer Repair Clinic Service Agreement Form
The above information is required for us to carry out the maintenance service on behalf of clients.
WHAT IS THE LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
• Explicit consent of the data subject so that we can keep you informed about news, events, activities and services of the business
• Processing is necessary for carrying out obligations under employment, social security or social protection law, or a collective agreement
• The processing relates only to Clients and or former Clients
• There is no disclosure to a third party without consent
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with our employees in order to carry out the IT services for our Clients. We will only share your data with third parties outside the business with your consent.
The policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations and requirements of the users, the website and website owners.
Core beliefs regarding user privacy and data protection:
• We have a duty of care to the people within the data we hold
• User privacy and data protection are human rights
• Data is a liability, it should only be collected and processed when necessary
• We will never sell, rent or otherwise distribute to a third party or make public your personal information.
Users visiting our website do so at their own discretion. Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form to email us for further information. Should you choose to contact us using the contact form on our Contact Us page or an email link, the data that you supply will not be stored by this website and instead the data will be collated into an email and sent to us over the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP).
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms included on this website will be subject to the terms and conditions together with privacy policies held by each social media platform.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely with due care and attention for their own privacy and personal details. This website and its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive information to contact us via other communication channels such as telephone and or by email.
The website may display social media sharing buttons on its pages. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We keep data in accordance with the guidance set out by GDPR.
YOUR RIGHTS AND YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: -
• The right to request a copy of your personal data which MSI-IT Limited holds about you
• The right to request that MSI-IT Limited corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date
• The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for to retain such data
• The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
• The right to request that the data processor provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data processor, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable)
• The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing
• The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable)
• The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office (UK)
If MSI-IT Limited wishes to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Privacy Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice. The new notice will explain the new use of your personal data prior to commencing the processing. It will set out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance contact us as follows:
22 Edgar Road
Edgar Industrial Estate
T: 0044 (0) 28 9069 2444